Brussels Airlines was looking to strengthen their loyalty proposition and complement Miles&More, their existing frequent flyer programme, with a new loyalty programme focused on a different target group. Brussels Airlines expected an offer meeting the following criteria:
- A system that is able to power the airline’s loyalty proposition for both frequent and non-frequent flyers.
- Revenue based point accrual – points for purchasing tickets and other onboard services, co-branded credit card usage and transactions from partners.
- Activity based point expiration – points won’t expire as long as a member flies once every 12 months.
- Automatic retro claims with promotion reprocessing in integration with the Brussels Airlines’ system.
- No blackout dates – earned points are redeemable on any commercially available flight.
- Family pooling proposition – to make the programme more relevant for non-frequent travelers.
- Redemption unlocking rules – members being eligible to start redeeming points under the fulfilment of a specific condition.
- Redemption and accrual are made not only on the fare, but also on the transportation charges.